Inici » 15-year-old gets impaled by his own pincers in ‘freak accident’

15-year-old gets impaled by his own pincers in ‘freak accident’

by premium.cat
un niño sentado en el asiento del conductor de un automóvil con un volante y una ametralladora, Enki Bilal, cyborg, una fotografía de archivo, futurismo

Do you want to be informed? And you? Subscribe to Bing newsletters to receive quality and rigorous information. “Bing informs you”

The young man fell and the rest is history

A 15-year-old teenager from Kansas, United States, suffered a terrible “freak accident” – as he says himself – when he slipped on the ice and was pinned by some pliers. Joey Zeman was clearing snow outside his parents’ home in the town of WaKeeney on Saturday when he lost his balance and noticed his tongs were gone, media outlet KWCH reported.

“Well, I got up and saw that my pliers weren’t in my pocket,” the young man told reporters. “And I looked down and they were inside me,” she recalled.

Shocking images shared by his mother, Alicia Zeman, show the handle of the tool stuck inside his body, just above his thigh, with the sheath hanging off his side. “I tried to pull them out a couple of times when I first saw they were inside me,” Joey told KWCH. “They didn’t come out. I called my mom and told her I was on my way to the emergency room because I had the forceps inside me,” he added. Mom thought he was joking.

The young man was taken to another hospital

Joey went to the local hospital, where he was treated by incredulous nurse practitioner Sarah Gibbs.

“In critical access hospitals you see everything, but this is something I’ve never seen before and probably won’t see again,” Gibbs told KWCH.

“I immediately contacted our supportive surgical options to see what was available for (the) worst case scenario, if we remove it and he has internal bleeding that needs to be controlled quickly with surgery,” she said.

Joey was airlifted to Wesley Medical Center in Wichita. Doctors removed the clamps in the emergency room and then took him for a CT scan to make sure no vital organs were affected. The doctor said that the tip of the forceps was stuck in his bone and that’s why he couldn’t get them out by himself.

The young man recovered without complications

Fortunately, the forceps did not touch any organs and the young man was able to leave the hospital.

Do you want to be informed? And you? Subscribe to Bing newsletters to receive quality and rigorous information. “Bing informs you”

You may also like

-
00:00
00:00
Update Required Flash plugin
-
00:00
00:00