Inici » Hydro is committed to aluminum recycling in Torija with the support of the Government of Castilla-La Mancha

Hydro is committed to aluminum recycling in Torija with the support of the Government of Castilla-La Mancha

by premium.cat
una gran zona industrial con una gran masa de agua en el medio y un gran edificio de fábrica en el medio de la imagen, Arlington Nelson Lindenmuth, increíblemente complejo, una foto de cambio de inclinación, arte ambiental

A priority project for the region

The Hydro Aluminum group has received the declaration of Priority Project by the Government of Castilla-La Mancha for its investment in Torija (Guadalajara), where it plans to build and put into operation a plant that will transform pre-consumer and post-consumer scrap into extruded aluminum billets . These billets will have the same properties and quality as those obtained in primary aluminum plants, but with a lower environmental impact.

A boost from the Ministry of Economy, Business and Employment

The declaration of Priority Project has been promoted by the Ministry of Economy, Business and Employment through the Business Support Units, which facilitate the processing and development of business initiatives of interest to the region. The Hydro Aluminum project complies with the requirements established by Law 5/2020, of July 24, on urgent measures for the declaration of priority projects in Castilla-La Mancha, since it provides added value to the territory due to its economic relevance. social and environmental.

A benchmark in the aluminum sector

Hydro Aluminum is part of the Norwegian group Norsk Hydro, a multinational that covers the entire aluminum value chain, from extraction, production and marketing of different formats for sectors such as industry, housing and transportation. Hydro was installed in Azuqueca de Henares in 2000 and became a Spanish leader in the production and marketing of aluminum billet, an essential material for aluminum extrusion. 80 percent of its production is destined for the national market and the remaining 20 percent for the European market. The project planned to be carried out in Torija involves an investment of 143.3 million euros and the creation of 65 direct and 105 indirect jobs.

An example of sustainability

Aluminum recycling is an activity that contributes to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, as it requires 95 percent less energy than the production of primary aluminum. In addition, recycled aluminum retains all the properties and characteristics of the original aluminum, allowing it to be reused indefinitely. With this project, Hydro Aluminum demonstrates its commitment to the circular economy and sustainability, two values ​​that it shares with the Government of Castilla-La Mancha.

You may also like

-
00:00
00:00
Update Required Flash plugin
-
00:00
00:00